Shannon Covers ‘I H S’
In Under Two Minutes
What Can I Expect at
an "In Her Shoes" Event?
- Three sessions with Shannon having fun and learning the TRUTH about:
- Body Image and the Media (Includes “What Not to Wear” Fashion Show featuring some fearless Moms!)
- Social Media - the good, the bad, and the ugly
- Parent/Teen Communication - what works; what doesn’t
- God-Esteem vs. Self-Esteem
- Purity and God’s Promises (Appropriate for all ages)
- Bullying; Cyberbullying
- Making Godly Choices When It’s Tough
- One Break-out Session as Moms network with other moms and teens enjoy making new friends
- FUN! Skits, Door Prizes, Games, Food, Media with Powerful Messages, Worship Music and More
- A time to talk about all you’ve learned and make a commitment to one another to be the best Mom/Daughter God has called YOU to be. It’s a great way to end the day!
What This Mom and Daughter
Experienced at In Her Shoes
What Moms like about IHS:
“Shannon, you have done it! The information shared at this event is what every mom and daughter should hear. The day flew by for my daughter and I and we will be sharing this with all our friends. Thank you!”
Barbara R., Texas
“I was able to attend ‘In Her Shoes’ because someone paid for me to attend. As a single mom, ‘In Her Shoes’ was the only birthday gift my daughter would get this year…or so I thought. When you called her name for winning a prize and gave her a free book, I was overwhelmed. Now she had two gifts. It was the best present ever. Thank you, Shannon and to all who support this ministry. My girls and I will never forget it.”
1. Is this conference good for moms and daughters who have strained relationships, as well as those who have good communication?
“In Her Shoes” is a great way to strengthen your relationship, whatever it may be. The truth of God’s Word andhaving fun are a great way to open new avenues of communication.
2. Is it ok for Grandmas or other mentors to attend with their teen girl if mom is unavailable?
Absolutely. We welcome those of you who play a “mom” role in the life of the teen attending.
3. How long does "In Her Shoes" last?
A typical event is held on a Saturday from 9-3 with registration beginning at 8:30 and a light breakfast served. Times may vary, depending on the venue, so be sure to check the schedule when you register.
4. How much does it cost for me to attend?
Shannon’s goal is that all moms and their teen daughters are able to attend and that cost would never become a factor. Prices vary depending on the host church/venue, so be sure to check your schedule for more information.
5. Will there be items for purchase at “In Her Shoes” that will help us grow as a Mom/Teen Daughter?
Shannon has written a book for parents of teens titled “Overlooked” as well a book for the teen girls titled “Stand.” “Stand” was written with ten teen girls who give Godly but honest insight into the tough things teens face. Music from the event will be available, as well as t-shirts. Shopping times will be available throughout the day.
Typical Schedule for “In Her Shoes:”
Session One with Shannon
Session Two with Shannon
Break-out Sessions for Moms and Teens
Session Three with Shannon
Connect Time/Closing/Door Prizes
Learn more about Shannon Perry:
*Earned her Master’s Degree in Education and Counseling
*Teacher and School Counselor for 14 years before entering full-time ministry
*Certified Instructor in Crisis Counseling and Parenting Classes
*Charting Songs on National Radio
*Host of the television show “Grace in High Heels” which airs into over 100 million homes weekly
*Has performed with the Houston symphony and in Carnegie Hall
*Led praise and worship for numerous women’s events and annual Lifeway conferences
*Sang “The National Anthem” before 72,000 NFL football fans
*Written songs especially for her women’s conferences with Lifeway producer Paul Marino
*Author of the best-selling book, “Grace in High Heels, “The Overlooked Generation” for parents of teens, and “Stand,” a book for teen girls which is used as a resource for the In Her Shoes conferences. "Stand" was awarded the Bronze Award in the Christian Living category by the Reader's Favorite International Book Award Contest
*Contributing writer for Focus on the Family magazine, Brio Magazine (for teen girls), Crosswalk.com, iBelieve.com, Beliefnet.com, among others
*Her book was quoted to the 5 million readers of “Guidepost” Magazine
*Host of the nationally syndicated two-minute radio show “Does the Shoe Fit?”
*Co-producer of her two music videos “Bad Hair Day,” and “Overlooked"